To Follow My Page on Facebook

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Little More Information

The other day, I promised you that I would let you know more about the artwork that I have been working on. One of the projects that I worked on was the Clear Print Cross Country project with a drawing in one of their Clear Print Vellum books that they sent across the country. You may have to look through the photos in different books that were sent out (in order to find mine). They have been sending 10 books across the country and it was fun getting to join the effort.

Another project I have been working on is my color study with Barnstone Studios. I got both the drawing and the color downloadable DVD's for my own Christmas present. Yep, I gave myself a Christmas present! I am having great fun with it. It is a lot of work, and so well worth it as far as I am concerned. The following are photos of my work so far. Don't be too hard on these because I have only just begun. I won't be showing this to Mr. Barnstone at this point because I still have a long way to go on my work with exercises.

Key of Orange
 I made more than a few mistakes, and I had to substitute for the fact that I don't own any Burnt Umber in oil paint. Also, I normally do watercolor and didn't think about using masking tape around the edges on the first try - since this was oil paint. I also need to do a good deal of work on value studies, but I am having so much fun that even though these didn't turn out as "perfect" as I would like, I am really enjoying the exercises. I also did this exercise in the key of orange when he wanted it in the key of red-orange. I substituted Asphaltum for Burnt Umber.

This time (below) I tried the exercise in the red-orange key like it was supposed to be and I think maybe I got the values a little better than the 1st exercise. It obviously needs more work, but I was please with the progress. I didn't even try the little round color wheel this time. I will work on that again, later. I substituted Torrit Grey (not sure what year - it is different every year) for Burnt Umber.

One of the other things that I have worked on is part of the drawing exercise portion of the DVD's. I am working on that because I have such a hard time getting depth into my figure drawing. Spatial relationships of 3-D objects leave my brain jumbled. I probably never would have been able to design a bridge, or a building. At any rate, here is an example of what I have done. (See photos below)


Hopefully these drawings will help when I am trying to visualize the other side of a hipbone when trying to draw people.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment